Winows not booting after re-install

Reaction score
My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro

It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates etc, but if I resart it hangs on the 4 blue windo panes and rotating white dots.

I am installing to a 125GB SSD which I reformatted first.

Reaction score
Hi woldsweather,

did you create your own partitions or did you just leave it as one partition when you installed?, what partition tool (if any) did you use?. :):):)

Reaction score
The SSD is one partition
You need to auto allocate the partitions during install, it won't boot if it doesn't have a boot partition!.

Once the installer starts, agree to all the things that they put on screen, when it comes to choosing "Upgrade" or "Custom", choose custom and click on next, it should tell you it needs to create more partitions and just agree to that!. ;););)

Reaction score
OK thanks will give it a go. I don't believe I ever did it in the past but anythings worth a try. At the moment its dismantled and it'll be a few days before I get chance as new pc arrived yesterday (which I was going to get this month before I needed to reinstall windows)

Reaction score
You cannot upgrade from premium to pro, without purchasing a key. Presumably you have one?

Ask a Question