PFN List Corrupt when playing Gray Zone Warfare

Reaction score
I've encountered repeated issues while playing the new early access version of Gray Zone Warfare, similar to some problems I faced a few weeks ago with Escape From Tarkov. The game crashes, begins to bring up a Unity crash handler window, and before it completes the process, my system blue screens, displaying the error message PFN List Corrupt. While I know that the game is in early access, I'm also wondering if these issues could be related to software or hardware

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @billgatespiano,

The "PFN List Corrupt" error usually points to hardware or driver issues, often related to RAM. Here are a few things you can try:
  1. Update Drivers:
    • Make sure your graphics and other critical drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) to get the latest versions.
  2. Check for Windows Updates:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and ensure your system is fully updated.
  3. Run Memory Diagnostic Tool:
    • Press Win + R, type mdsched.exe, and hit Enter.
    • Choose "Restart now and check for problems." This will run a memory test and report any issues.
  4. Check Disk for Errors:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type chkdsk /f then press Enter. Follow the prompts to schedule a disk check on the next restart.
  5. Update or Reinstall Game:
    • Ensure the game itself is fully updated. If the problem persists, try reinstalling it.
  6. Check for Overheating:
    • Ensure your system isn’t overheating, as this can cause crashes. Clean out any dust from your case and make sure your cooling fans are working properly.
  7. Run System File Checker:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow then press Enter. This will scan and repair corrupted system files.
Try these steps and see if they help resolve the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Ask a Question