SOLVED Any way to disable forced updating?

Reaction score
Absolutely no problem, now that you bring it up though that is also a good question: Will you be able to defer the update to Windows 10 itself?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Will you be able to defer the update to Windows 10 itself?
We want to give every customer a great upgrade experience, so we’re rolling it out in an organized way to manage high demand and to make sure that the upgrade is right for your device. After July 29, when Windows 10 is ready for your device, it will download in the background. You’ll then get a notification to schedule your upgrade right away or at another time that’s convenient for you.
SOURCE: An email I received from Microsoft recently.

Reaction score
Good Job Microsoft, first hurdle jumped. I looks like we've answered everything we can until the production copy comes out. See you on the other side.

Reaction score
I believe that information pertains to the way that "Windows 10 Updates" will behave on a particular edition (Pro or Home) after Windows 10 is actually installed on the system and not to the actual "Upgrade to Windows 10".

SOURCE: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-10-preparing-to-upgrade-one-billion-devices/

Actually, I have a great but old Windows 7 machine and thankfully, the machine is so old, that the Automatic Ugrade fails. I do not like Win 10 and hate the thought the company stuck over 3 gigs of data on my machine without asking gWX. I disabled all updates, as I can't afford to have my main hard drive repartitioned. So, no one here is asking how do I OPT OUT all together. I have ZERO interest in Windows 10. 7 is fine with me. I dont care if they do not support it. I ran 98 SE for two years without support and without fail. What do I care? I do not care if 10 is free or not. M$ is using my computer for a test bed, so now I have a mix of libraries on my machine. And M$ wont tell me what upgrade truly is for security or just some goofy thing they think is 'important'. If I want it, I will by a preloaded machine. Any computer or recovery I do puts my Win7 machine back at risk. Can the bone heads at Redmond understand this. I seen the nagware KB get loaded 3 times after I disabled it. I DO NOT WANT IT, OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT, STOP SENDING ME GARBAGE.

Reaction score
SOURCE: An email I received from Microsoft recently.
That has not been my experience. No trust of Redmond. They say one thing. From 8/25 to 9/27, their greedy computers tried to upgrade my win7 machine 17 times, with FAIL after it. Day after day. Oh, yeah, we the customer have really freedom of choice ---NOT!

Reaction score
No, that will not do the trick. The item is only related to drivers and cosmetic features. The major updates to the OS build will continue.There are a couple of hacks on the web. Here is one of many
https://4sysops.com/archives/disable-windows-update-in-windows-10/

But, a word of warning. The " the idiots in Redmond" , require everyone to be on the same plateau, when volunteering for the test program, otherwise the feedback will be erratic and often in error. This applies also to any reistry hacks or, let us say, "behind the scenes" alterations, otherwise, as I said, the feedback gives a wrong result. As you are testing a pre release product, you do not, in fact, have any exclusive rights as to the use and modification of the system.

There were warnings of the conditions in original blurbs. Noone, of course, ever bothers to read such. The fact is that you do not, in a test product, have very much authority over what you can do with "hacking" mods.Here is an extract of the initial warning issued to insiders who wanted to participate:

"If you are shy about expressing your opinion, this program is not for you. Microsoft’s main motivation behind making pre-release versions of the OS available to anyone interested in test-driving them is to hear back from them regarding what they don’t like, what’s not working right, how things can be improved and so on.
Also, you should be comfortable with letting Microsoft poke around your system. If your PC runs into problems, Microsoft may examine your system files, and grab and transmit data to its systems, in some cases without alerting you nor giving you the option of stopping the information transfer.

Specifically, after installing the OS, Microsoft will collect information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and how you use them. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage, . Peruse this privacy statement carefully so you know what you’re agreeing to.

In addition, Windows Update will be set to automatically install important updates on your PC as they become available. You will not be able to turn off automatic updates in Windows Technical Preview.

If you are not in the Insider Program, you can do what you want with your system. You may pay a price though due to lack of security..

Ask a Question