Asus Transformer T100TAM Touchscreen fails to work in Windows 10 16299

Reaction score
I realize that my problem is not, specifically, a Windows 10 problem, but it was apparently caused by upgrading the computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

I have tried many things to fix my problem, including going to Asus support and searching the internet and and nothing seems to help. So I thought I would try here.

I bought an Asus T100TAM used. I wiped the drive and installed the 32 bit version of Windows 10 on the laptop/tablet (latest version 16299.251). I then went to Asus and downloaded and installed all drivers and the latest BIOS. including the latest chipset. I checked the Device manager and all the drivers were OK.

The touchscreen did not work. I checked the Device Manager again, and found the "HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver version 10.0.16299.251 installed and another important (apparently) touchscreen necessity, the 12C HID Device, 10.0.16299.15.

I did several other things including contacting Asus, who sent me another chipset driver. It failed to install (I do not know why. I cannot read the install log).

So i did more detective work in the Device manager. Going to the HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver, I went to the "details:" section and found this "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.

Please note that I have downloaded and installed the ATK driver 1.0.50.0 and the Gestures Driver 4.0.12, which appear to be the correct versions.

Ask a Question