Compatibility Mode keeps blacking out screen

RBR

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with Compatibility Mode with my Windows 10 computer. I downloaded the update for Windows 10 about a month ago and never really needed Compatibility mode until now, and I did get the black screen problem, but I dismissed this as a problem with the program itself, and simply disabled the compatibility mode for that problem and simply moved on.

Now whenever I try to open any program with Compatibility Mode, the screen turns to black and you can't see anything. You can still click around and use your pointer like normal, but you can't see anything you open. To get rid of the problem I've had to reboot the computer.

Is there any way I can get rid of this problem? Or at the very least turn off the problem and be able to see something? Many thanks in advance

P.S. I am trying to open Visio 2000 (I know, it's old, it does the job) and some games I had downloaded when I had WIndows 7.

Ask a Question