Missing Outlook Express

DGB

Reaction score
I have used Outlook Express for years with Win98SE and XP, with no problems .
Last year I bought a Samsung Tablet and this, a new PC, running Win10.
On the last two, I am getting only a fraction of my mails, so that I now cannot scrap the old machine.
(Not in Spam or trash).
Anyone any ideas?
DGB
PS What mail app are you all using, as the one shipped with Win10 is poor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use Thunderbird for Gmail, ISP mail and its calendar. I stopped using outlook express when I no longer had an XP machine. I have tried Outlook...the one that is part of Office 2013 and 2016 and did not like it so I stuck with T'bird.
T'bird is free and runs on W10, Mac and Linux...as long as the CPU is Intel.

The mail that comes with W10 will certainly work with mail from various sources.

DGB

Reaction score
The mail that comes with W10 will certainly work with mail from various sources.
Did not like Outlook either.
Will have to check out previous post, especially on importing mail and addresses.
DGB

Reaction score
Did not like Outlook either.
Will have to check out previous post, especially on importing mail and addresses.
DGB

Tim, try Outlook Express for Windows 10 from here: www.runasxp.com I use it on my laptop and desktop that has Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 just upgraded. It works fine, and if you are familiar with OE this is the same, in fact when clicking help and about it says Microsoft.

Reaction score
Tim, try Outlook Express for Windows 10 from here: www.runasxp.com I use it on my laptop and desktop that has Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 just upgraded. It works fine, and if you are familiar with OE this is the same, in fact when clicking help and about it says Microsoft.

Having checked out this site, I was disappointed to learn that a Win10 upgrade would uninstall Outlook. True or false?
I have been using Thunderbird -Don't ;ike it much better than Win 10 app though!
DGB

Reaction score
Having checked out this site, I was disappointed to learn that a Win10 upgrade would uninstall Outlook. True or false?
I have been using Thunderbird -Don't ;ike it much better than Win 10 app though!
DGB
Outlook Express came with old versions of Internet Explorer and is NOT the same as Outlook that comes bundled with Microsoft Office. If you have Microsoft Office installed (including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.), it should all still be there after you upgrade to Windows 10.

Reaction score
Outlook Express came with old versions of Internet Explorer and is NOT the same as Outlook that comes bundled with Microsoft Office. If you have Microsoft Office installed (including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.), it should all still be there after you upgrade to Windows 10.

I was still using a MS Works suite 2000 :oops: I still have archived mail and addresses on old XP machine.
I do not understand what Microsoft are doing - Ditching such a popular program.
I certainly do not need the problems of loading XP machine OL Express and Thunderbird to Win 10 OL Express
DGB

Reaction score
Time moves on. Your program is now 16 years old and, while it may work fine, you are losing out on all sorts of new stuff and fixed security issues.

I keep saying this - but look at EM Client (www.emclient.com) as it seems to be very good (to me, anyway).

Reaction score
Most of my old progs will not run under Win10. MS Works Suite 2000 was the exception. Word and Publisher are only ones still usefull, but yes, I am a tight Scot.
DGB

Ask a Question