Network Adapter missing after autometic windows 10 update

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have updated to windows 10 automatic update , Every thing working fine except network adapter.
Network adapter is missing , i can see realtek device in device manager ,
Mine is Dell CPU.
Could you please help getting network adapter back.
Thanks,
Balu

Reaction score
I have this problem too, if someone has the solution I would be eternally great full if you shared the awnser with us post haste

Reaction score
Have the same problem with an acer aspire V5-571P with broadcom wireless adapter.
Device manager shows the driver is "working", but network and sharing doesnt list the adapter

Reaction score
i'm not sure if this is what your on about but you can try!
Go to device manager > network adapters and update all of them with a warning triangle

Reaction score
Thanks but all my network adapters are showing as working in device manager (no warning triangles)
When I look in "network connections" the folder is empty.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for both wired (Reltek PCi GBE Family) and wireless (Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter) using the drivers supplied by Acer.
I called Microsoft and their first line support got me to issue some NETSH commands, but as I suggested as there is no adapters, then resetting the winsock stack didnt help.
I've even tried inserting a wifi dongle - drivers loaded successfully, but the adapter still didnt show in the network connections as an available adapter even though shows correctly in device manager.

At a bit of a loss as to what to try next?

Ted

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Win 8.1 connected to internet fine. Downloaded W10 upgrade. All working fine except I have no internet connection. My Network adaptor is present with a status of 'This device is working properly' however my network status in the system tray states 'No connections are available' and the Network and Sharing Centre contains no connection.

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10 the devices display as if they are working properly in the device manager, but when you go to the actually configure an adapter or connect the devices aren't there. Acer Aspire v3 722g

Reaction score
Well.. I tried to revert back to 8.1 and now laptop is totally FUBAR'd
Cant even boot from the ACER recovery tool.
Wife's not happy as I have lost our photos/videos etc!
Note to self : backup stuff as you never know!

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am also facing the same problem. Network symbol is red cross mark and when i checked from supportassist, it says driver is missing for network adapter and popus to connect to internet to download. As i can't connect to internet i can't download also. Please assist

Regards,
Sreedhar.

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution? I'm having same issue with my acer aspire v5. Had to downgrade back to 8.1 for now.

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem today with my HP Envy dv7. I tried installing the windows 10 driver for the Intel wireless adapter and it installed fine, and all network adapters in the device manager state they are functioning correctly, however, no adapters show up. I just downgraded back to 8.1.

Sad thing is, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire Switch 11 and it went very smoothly and I think I actually like it.

Reaction score
I'm the same auto updated, now wish I hadn't. Haven't been able to get WiFi or Ethernet internet connectivity since. Rendered machine useless. Nice one Microsoft, fix the bloody thing.

Reaction score
I'm the same auto updated, now wish I hadn't. Haven't been able to get WiFi or Ethernet internet connectivity since. Rendered machine useless. Nice one Microsoft, fix the bloody thing.

Reaction score
I also automatically updated from windows 7 to windows10. It shows that connection is available but no access. Even the network diagnosing wasn't a help.

Reaction score
I think we have found the solution for the most of us:

There is a problem with VPN client out of updated, when you update to Windows 10.

Some of you have VPN client intalled?

If is your case, in this link and just 2 commands your problem will be resolved, like the mine was!!

Here is the link for the solution:

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-no-wi-fi-available-after-windows-10-upgrade-issue-heres-how/
Thanks I'll try that out tonight. And yes I do have a Cisco anyconnect client installed.

Reaction score
It worked but didn't allow commands to be executed from the cmd prompt as admin. Did it from inside the regedit screen. Finally I can use the laptop again. Whohoo

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those commands work, but another solution is to downgrade back to 8.1, then uninstall Cisco VPN or Anyconnect and then upgrade back to Windows 10. The regular Cisco VPN is not compatible with Windows 10, not sure about anyconnect.

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have updated to windows 10 automatic update , Every thing working fine except network adapter.
Network adapter is missing , i can see realtek device in device manager ,
Mine is Dell CPU.
Could you please help getting network adapter back.
Thanks,
Balu

i had the same issue and This worked for me -

Ask a Question