SOLVED No RTL818x for Wifi Adaptor

U

User73

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the ANEWISH WLAN 802.11ac USB Wi-Fi adaptor from Amazon. I used the link under the product to install the drivers on my new pc. This let me install the Wireless LAN utility program to my desktop, however, when I hover over the program icon it says ‘no RTL818x’, without this I cannot connect to the internet.

It arrived with a disk, I have no disc drive, so I downloaded the drivers, but the disk says Realtek which must be the manufacturers. I am unsure where I can get the RTL818x driver. Whenever I go to device manager and attempt to update the drivers this does not work either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't know what lan utility you are talking about but you should probably uninstall any software that you've installed for the adapter up to this point.

The link you provided plainly states "No Drivers needed for Windows 10"
AND
It plainly states that it has a 8811CU Realtek chipset
That driver is available here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=64&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Capture.PNG

U

User73

I don't know what lan utility you are talking about but you should probably uninstall any software that you've installed for the adapter up to this point.

The link you provided plainly states "No Drivers needed for Windows 10"
AND
It plainly states that it has a 8811CU Realtek chipset
That driver is available here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=64&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

View attachment 8719
Thanks for the assistance, I was just confused as I expected it to work with the driver link provided. Sorry I am not as good with computers. I was on windows 10 too but it works now anyway

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.
I was on windows 10 too
I assumed that since this is a Windows 10 Forum that you were using Windows 10 as your operating system.
As a rule....
Give Windows 10 the first chance to install your device drivers.
Then, if you either notice a problem or you determine that the device manufacturer has a more recent driver or one that is optimized for your device and Windows 10 you can move to that driver.

Reaction score
Hi, can i get some updated links, i have the exactly same problem, with the same kind of antena, but sadly the message u sent ben is not available rn, and im really not in position of having other antena

Reaction score

Hi I actually have a simpler problem but with a different driver Foktech Wifi Dongle, AC600 802.11ac Dual Band 5GHz Mini Wireless Network USB Wifi Adapter​

Ask a Question