Printer not detected after installation from CD

Reaction score
I have a Canon Image Class MF 244 printer on Windows 10. I have installed it many times from the CD with a USB cable connection ,without problems. I wanted to reinstall it again because I have reinstalled the OS on a 2nd HDD. Unfortunately, this time I have problems. I looked extensively on the WEB for solutions, unsuccessfully.

It copies the files from the CD, but When I get to the stage " Connect device with a USB cable", the connection is not completed and there is a message that it is not confirmed. It never connects, really Never happened before. I worked two days on this. I even changed the USB cable with a new one, just in case.
The printer wouldn't show in the control panel and the ADD A PRINTER feature won't find it.
I wonder what is wrong.
Thanks

Ittiandro

PS: A few moments ago, unexpectedly, the printer finally went in. It snow shows in the control pane as DEFAULT and READY, but it doesn’t print . The documents stay in the QUEUE I keep clearing it. Same story. I even changed the USB cable. It won’t help..I begin to suspect that it may be a hardware problem with the printer or may be the computer ( USB slots, loose contacts somewhere? the computer is a bit old ( about 10 years, a bit slow, but it works..)

I wonder how can I fix this

Reaction score
One thing I've experienced over the years is that some older printers are USB 2 [black center], don't work well when plugged into a USB 3 port [blue center].

Ask a Question