Printer not printing from computer but scan and copy still working

Reaction score
Since the last Windows 10 update recently, my old printer has just stopped printing. Have checked Device manager etc. and tried to download new driver for it but there doesn't seem to be one. It (Epson DX8450) was working perfectly when Windows 10 was first installed. When asking to print, the computer is ' trying to find the printer.' Also the error message says "Print Spooler service isn't running". The scan and copy function is still working, and it is printing from my old Windows XP laptop.

Reaction score
It seems that Windows is not seeing your printer. I would open Settings > Devices,
Printers and make sure your Epson DX8450 is selected as the default printer, Windows seems to have a habit of changing default printers to MS PDF Printer.
Check the print spooler service is running. In the search dialog box type Services, scroll down until you find Print Spooler, double click on it and make sure the service is running and set to "Automatic"

Ask a Question