Printer [permissions] Box

Reaction score
Not certain of the correct wordage here, but when I call for something to be printed, I usually get one of two permission boxes to pop up with varies printing options. These options, to name a few, allows for quality of print, number of sheets to be printed, print on two sides, etc.

One of these permission boxes I prefer and the other I do not prefer to use, but so far I haven't figured how to choose the one I prefer.

The box which is less favorable to me is the one which requires to me guess how many pages are ready to print (in total) since that info is not readily available to see - plus it requires me to click the "properties" box in order to move forward in order to specify 'print on both sides' .

The box which I want to see is the one with all info readily available to see right up front. I simply check the number of sheets and check if multiple sides are to printed, etc.

How do I make the favorable permissions box my 'default' box?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds to me more like an Options or more likely Printer Preferences box.
The difference, assuming you're not talking about two different printers or two difference instances of the same printer using different drivers, is...…
Most likely a product of the application you are printing from
For instance, printing from the "Edge" browser will produce quite a different print dialog box than say something like Microsoft Word.

Reaction score
Trouble, I believe you are correct by stipulating the 'preferences' box. I only wish I would stumble upon the correct option bracket. Thanks for your input and I will keep searching.

Ask a Question