Seagate Free Agent Hard Drive

Reaction score
I'm trying to attach the subject to my new PC (HP with Windows 10) via an RJ47 connection without success and get the message that the device does not have a valid IP address..can anyone help
Thanks

Reaction score
Do you mean RJ45? I.e an ethernet cable? What connectors does this drive have on it?

How do you connect to the net with your PC? WiFi?

If the Free Agent has an ethernet connector then it needs to be plugged into your router and then it would appear as a Network device on your PC.

Reaction score
Yes I did mean RJ45 (big fingers small keyboard:)) My connection to internet is via wireless modem to Bell internet connection outside...ooops just read you last point, I had the RJ45 connected to the PC rather than the router.......many thanks:)

Reaction score
There 'used' to be a way where you could have clicked on a button somewhere in the depths of network settings and let you PC be a router such that that disk would have worked...I have no idea if W10 can do that.

Ask a Question