Stopping Microsoft and Edge

Reaction score
I have tried everything I can find to stop Microsoft via Edge from taking over my browser. I have reviewed my default settings, startup programs, etc. etc. but again today I clicked on my Google Chrome icon in my tray and Edge opened. I closed it and clicked on the same tray icon and Chrome opened as it should, but the same thing has happened before. When an email offers their web site to get information from them, such as tracking a shipment, up pops Edge despite Chrome being my default browser. Microsoft dominates the world, but hey, I guess that's just not good enough! I pay to use their programs and can't put into civil words the anger I feel over their unmitigated nerve and sheer greed for trying to ram their desire to be the only provider of any programming on my computer they compete with down my throat and utilizing their OS, that I bought, to accomplish it. I am sure that somewhere buried in the volumes of terms and conditions we have to accept to do anything with MS there is wording to the effect that says "we can do whatever we want, whenever we want to whoever we want and you agree to allow it."

I have no doubt that the MS version of "Mr. Smith" from the Matrix will make me aware of my nerve in questioning their actions. I fully expect that one day, with no warning, my profile will disappear from this forum and others I use to vent my anger and somewhere at MS my posts will be marked "SOLVED."

Paranoid? Maybe. But also, maybe not.

Ask a Question