Upgrading to windows 10 I been looking for help

Reaction score
Right now I have windows 8 on my laptop and I been trying to upgrade to windows 10 and I'm having the hardest time doing so.I have the iso loaded on the USB and I been trying to boot from the USB but I cant seem to make it work. .

Reaction score
Have you just transferred the .iso file to a USB or have you used something like Rufus to create USB media from the .iso?
Are you clean installing Windows 10 or just upgrading? If upgrading then you can download the media creation tool, run this & upgrade this way. If clean installing then you can choose to create media on USB, once complete you would reboot the pc then press the key which corresponds with the temporary boot key - this can be F8 or F7 or F12, the pc manual should state the correct key. Then follow instructions to clean install.

Reaction score
Have you just transferred the .iso file to a USB or have you used something like Rufus to create USB media from the .iso?
Are you clean installing Windows 10 or just upgrading? If upgrading then you can download the media creation tool, run this & upgrade this way. If clean installing then you can choose to create media on USB, once complete you would reboot the pc then press the key which corresponds with the temporary boot key - this can be F8 or F7 or F12, the pc manual should state the correct key. Then follow instructions to clean install.
I was told to create a boot partition on the USB which I did then I drop the iso file in the USB. Also I would like to install a clean installation. I try using the media creation tool on my windows 8 but it gave me a error and not letting me open it. For me to create media creation on USB do I just download it and drop it in the Usb?

Reaction score
I don’t believe that would make the .iso bootable.
You would have to run the tool & choose to create media. Just dropping the files onto a USB wouldn’t make it bootable afaik.
What is the exact error?
You may have to upgrade to Windows 10 within Windows 8 then clean install Windows 10.

Reaction score
I don’t believe that would make the .iso bootable.
You would have to run the tool & choose to create media. Just dropping the files onto a USB wouldn’t make it bootable afaik.
What is the exact error?
You may have to upgrade to Windows 10 within Windows 8 then clean install Windows 10.
I went ahead and used Rufus and it started to work now Im just waiting to see if everything installs correctly. Its been on getting ready for some time now but will see.

Reaction score
Finger’s crossed.
It will take a while as there’s many updates to download & install. It should give you the 22H2 version which is the latest.

Reaction score
I got everything to work thank you so much. Only issue I have now is the samsung update app from the Marketplace it's not loading correctly. When I open it the only screen I get is this.

Attachments

• 20230713_153529.jpg
    20230713_153529.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
I would try uninstalling the app using Revo Uninstaller free:
MS Store apps are under their own tab on the left side.
Once uninstalled & you’ve scanned for leftovers download the app again & see if the problem has been resolved.
If the app isn’t from the MS App Store then you may have to download it again from the Samsung website or check for drivers there If updater not available.

Ask a Question