Windows Creator freezing laptop

Reaction score
Since installation of Windows 10 Creator, and after a short period of time, whatever I am working on almost freezes. The mouse comes to an intermittent stop and when I can click on any command there is a very prolonged wait for anything to happen. The whole system seems to really slow down to less than a snails space. When I can eventually restart my laptop the whole process starts over again. Is there a known 'glitch' in the new update?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Take a look here
https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ors-update-forced-on-me-not.14123/#post-68064
Be patient and give the computer a lot of extra time to sort itself out. After anything as large as the Creators Update, there is a lot of background processes going on which, depending on your system can take a fair amount of time to get back to whatever was previously normal.
Manually run Windows Update as there are likely additional post creators update, updates that need to be installed also. Manually run the Store application as there is going to be a lot of UWPs that are going to be updated as well.
This will all happen in the background if you give it some time, but will never end if you keep rebooting your system.

Reaction score
Take a look here
https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ors-update-forced-on-me-not.14123/#post-68064
Be patient and give the computer a lot of extra time to sort itself out. After anything as large as the Creators Update, there is a lot of background processes going on which, depending on your system can take a fair amount of time to get back to whatever was previously normal.
Manually run Windows Update as there are likely additional post creators update, updates that need to be installed also. Manually run the Store application as there is going to be a lot of UWPs that are going to be updated as well.
This will all happen in the background if you give it some time, but will never end if you keep rebooting your system.
Many thanks to Wolfie and Trouble. Will leave a bit longer before doing anything and also start as Wolfie suggests. I am given to understand Windows update does have known problems and admit it was released too early. They should be releasing further updates to resolve all issues. Many thanks to both of you for your help.

Ask a Question