SOLVED Really appreciate the creators update forced on me ... NOT !

Reaction score
Well I finally had the creators update forced on me today. Spent at least an hour so far trying to reinstall or uninstall things to try and get back to what I want. And what I really love is my boot time is now at least 400% longer. Is this an improvement ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is this an improvement ?
That would be a kind of "Eye of the beholder" thing.
Remember the Creators Update is a pretty big deal. There will likely be a Cumulative Update as well as perhaps a couple other updates after the install is done. Not to mention a bunch of Store Updates going on in the background.
It will likely take some time before everything settles down and comes to rest. So you might want to give it some time or manually check windows updates and the store for updates to force everything to finish and even then it will still take a while for things to settle.

Reaction score
Well after third restart the boot was back to pretty much normal but it's still slower from my logon screen till I get desktop

Reaction score
Well at this point I can't really tell if it is any different in startup time; since I never really put a stop watch to it before the creator's went in. Trouble was probably right it was just installing a few more things after reboot.

Still frustrated that I have to go and uninstall Alarms, Connect, Mixed Reality Portal and other junk I don't want in my start menu and had already uninstalled in previous version.

Ask a Question