SOLVED Having a really hard time getting Copy and paste to work Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a really hard time trying to copy and paste anything in Windows 10 Fall creators edition 1803 . Always have had problems with it in Windows 10. I've tried a couple of things I found on YouTube and the net but nothing seems to make it work consistently! I could use some suggestions to try to get it to work as it did in other versions of Windows!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You are seriously going to have to do better than that.
What are you copying and pasting?
Text in a browser, text in a document, formula in a spreadsheet, files, folders, whole volumes or partitions, entire physical drives.
What are the symptoms, errors, messages
How are you doing it.... mouse and keyboard, mouse right clicks, drag and drop

Reaction score
You are seriously going to have to do better than that.
What are you copying and pasting?
Text in a browser, text in a document, formula in a spreadsheet, files, folders, whole volumes or partitions, entire physical drives.
What are the symptoms, errors, messages
How are you doing it.... mouse and keyboard, mouse right clicks, drag and drop
I've tried to copy and paste from website pages, quotes from articles, from DOS prompt box. It's mainly text from the Edge browser. I've try to copy and paste esle where or in notepad with my mouse and it really erratic. I highlight the text, and when I right click my mouse most of the time it clears the highlighted section and nothing comes up to cut, copy, paste, or anything else!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So, instead of using your mouse right click to bring up the context menu.....
IF you select the text and choose to use your keyboard Ctrl key + the "C" key to copy
can you then use either the Ctrl key + the "V" key to paste??

IF so, then I would suspect that the Windows native copy and paste functionality is working and the problem might instead be something going on with your mouse.

Reaction score
For the Selection click at the beginning of what is desired [won't see anything happen] then hold down the Shift key and press the Right arrow to highlight the text. Usually images can also be selected. Then try the recommended functions already described.

Reaction score
So, instead of using your mouse right click to bring up the context menu.....
IF you select the text and choose to use your keyboard Ctrl key + the "C" key to copy
can you then use either the Ctrl key + the "V" key to paste??

IF so, then I would suspect that the Windows native copy and paste functionality is working and the problem might instead be something going on with your mouse.

Reaction score
The Control C and Control V functions seem to be working. I tried copy and pasting some text to notepad and it worked! Thanks for your help. Really appreciated it.

Ask a Question