SOLVED misbehaving mouse

Reaction score
Hi.
Recently, my Logitech wireless mouse has been behaving erratically. I cannot successfully coat large amounts of text in a Word document to cut or paste, the same with cells in an Excel spreadsheet, (the area already covered disappears). I am using MS Office 7.The MS snipping tool will not allow me to snip freeform or in rectangular mode (it starts saving before I have finished the snip). Is this a problem in MS office, my mouse driver, or perhaps the mouse itself (all the other function seem to work okay)?
Thank you

Ps. I tried to coat entire text of this message and after three attempts, it worked but is not consistent

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
As for your problem: how long did you have the mouse and did you change the battery yet?? I have had one Logitech mouse which was acting even more erratic than yours right now but I found out that the receiver was going bad, so I tossed it out (it was not a UNIFY supported mouse)...
Maybe it is time to replace it !

Reaction score
Your problem is the switch [under the mouse button] in the mouse. The contacts are getting trashy and not maintaining a good connection. If you can't replace the switch in the mouse, you will need to replace the mouse, or simply deal with the side effects.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
As for your problem: how long did you have the mouse and did you change the battery yet?? I have had one Logitech mouse which was acting even more erratic than yours right now but I found out that the receiver was going bad, so I tossed it out (it was not a UNIFY supported mouse)...

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for welcome. Don't cringe its the original battery pack from 2004. Its going as soon as shops at open

Reaction score
Your problem is the switch [under the mouse button] in the mouse. The contacts are getting trashy and not maintaining a good connection. If you can't replace the switch in the mouse, you will need to replace the mouse, or simply deal with the side effects.
Hi. Makes sense. its going

Ask a Question