SOLVED No left click for mouse cannot access start menu cortana or volume control

Reaction score
This has been going on for quite some time now, I will have no ability to use my left clicker on my mouse. Replaced mouse but still happens. A lot of people do have this issue, I've done some searches on google and that much I know.
Have tried many things, it will get better and then some time later on, it happens again. I've been using system restore. Cannot get rid of this issue.
I have a HP laptop and it is happening more frequently now and it seems that updates bring it on again.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Have done searches on google and done changes. Some work, some don't .
I have Win 10 64bit. HP computer.
One update some time ago, really messed up my laptop. It took awhile to figure it out. and then a close friend of mine didn't believe me.
I need to get this solved.
Thank you

Reaction score
One problem I've seen with USB is the type of port used. Not everything works properly in USB 3 ports even though they are supposed to be backward to USB 2 devices. The USB 3 ports frequently are marked with SS for SuperSpeed, may also have a blue insert while the USB 2 ports have a black insert. Haven't seen a USB 3 mouse or keyboard yet.

Reaction score
The issue might arise sue to various reasons including issues with the Windows explorer, system file corruption etc. I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:
Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.
  1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:
Check if the Application Identity is started and running.

• Open Run from Windows task manager as before.
• Type SERVICES.MSC and hit enter.
• Find Application Identity.
• Right click on that and select Start.

If the issue still exists, refer to the following method.

Method 3:
Run the following command in an elevated Command prompt and check if it helps:
  1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    ren %windir%\System32\AppLocker\Plugin*.* *.bak
Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Ask a Question