My cursor moves on its own and clicks in the top left of the screen

Reaction score
My cursor moves on its own to the top left of the screen, it does it while typing in a variety of applications with greater and lesser frequency. It happens if the mouse is turned off. I have googled this and applied a variety of solutions including: reinstalling the driver; changing Mouse configuration (to auto select box, turn off cursor while typing etc) uninstalling RealTek Audio HD (!) and uninstalling various applications which I had installed around the time the issue emerged (about 6 weeks ago). When at its worst it renders the PC unusable. Any help?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the Forum!

Any chance you have IntelliType software running?
  • IntelliType software has a SnapTo feature that can cause this issue, and disabling SnapTo usually resolves the issue.

Another possibility is that your Home key is stuck down, so tap that key to make sure its not the issue

Reaction score
Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the Forum!

• IntelliType software has a SnapTo feature that can cause this issue, and disabling SnapTo usually resolves the issue.

Another possibility is that your Home key is stuck down, so tap that key to make sure its not the issue
Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks its good to be here!
I've checked in Programs and no sign of Intellitype. Interesting that it could be the Home key - it seems to head for a specific area of the screen rather than part of an application.
Thanks though

Ask a Question