touchpad cursor freezes 100's times a day.

Reaction score
my touchpad cursor freezes over 1000 times a day depending on how long I use the laptop for. sometimes it is just a second upto about 20 seconds and is time consuming. sometimes it can take over 10 attemps to move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other moving 1 inch at a time. At times my laptop can work fine for over 10 min. It is also difficult to high light text and move items at times. Sometimes my cursor will work fine until I click the touchpad and then it will freeze for maybe 10 seconds.
Since it happens using any program I think it has something to do with windows 10. I tried to update the touchpad driver but when I did it said the best driver was already installed. My laptop is an ACER 2016. Any ideas as to what I should try/look at next?

Reaction score
Do you have the same issue when plugging in a USB Wired, USB Wireless mouse or a Bluetooth mouse [if the Notebook has Bluetooth]? Have you checked with Acer for updated drivers for your specific model rather than using Windows Update?

Reaction score
I have never tried it with a mouse. I just updated the synaptics drivers ( I got that info from another thread here) for my acer and I hardly noticed a change. there is no previous driver on my laptop to rollback to- that feature is not selectable in the device manager.

Ask a Question