Windows 10 : Black screen with cursor at startup.

Reaction score
Hello,

When I turn on my desktop, Windows 10 Pro starts cleanly.

I wait for the login screen, but the screen turns black, an arrow appears but nothing else happens ... !

What could be the problem and what can I do to solve it ?

Thanks in advance for your reply : to (e-mail address removed)

Best regards.

Reaction score
Start the computer and when the Windows logo appears, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this twice and the third time the computer should boot into the recovery environment.

Ben

Reaction score
Hello,
Tried it,
It goes as you said, but than it says : "the system cannot be repaired with automatic repair" and the black screen appears again.
Best regards.

Reaction score
I tried this and now I don't get the logo and the fan slowly starts and becomes very loud. wow is my computer toast?

Reaction score
I tried this and now I don't get the logo and the fan slowly starts and becomes very loud. wow is my computer toast?
What else have you tried since your last post, such as rebooting, booting from a flash drive, trying a re-install, etc.

Reaction score
no response when rebooted, just the fan running and becoming louder and louder as time goes by. do not have a dvd or flash drive, unit was self contained with partition drive with back up windows 10, I was able to access bios previous to trying the on and off recovery but now nothing! the keyboard is not responding at all.

Reaction score
no response when rebooted, just the fan running and becoming louder and louder as time goes by. do not have a dvd or flash drive, unit was self contained with partition drive with back up windows 10, I was able to access bios previous to trying the on and off recovery but now nothing! the keyboard is not responding at all.

What type of computer are you using? Knowing your system specs might be helpful. With out more information, it's tough to know where to start. You could have a bad connection somewhere, or problems with your MB, or your video display or other possibilities.

Ask a Question