SOLVED Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - black/white screen

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a small media PC connected to Sony Bravia 4k TV. It's AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD 7560D on GA-F2A85XM-D3H

motherboard.

While it was running Windows 7, everything was fine. I have recently installed Windows 10 (install from scratch on clean drive).

It was fine for couple of days, then suddenly the screen went black & white.

When the computer is booting, the bios logo is in color, Windows logo is in color - so definitely not a problem with cable,

TV or HDMI output. But as soon as it hits the profile/login screen it turns black and white.

I reinstalled APU graphic drivers (ATI 7560D) and it was fine for maybe an hour, then went back to black and white, all by itself

I reinstalled Windows again - same result. When it switches to black/white, the screen resolution also changes slightly.

I uninstalled all drivers, the system only had 'basic display driver' with 16 colors - but it was in color for a moment, then flicked

back to Windows ATI 7560D driver and black and white again..

Google and other forums here told me that maybe it's the grayscale filter in high contrast settings, but it's not that. I can flick this filter on/off

and it makes no difference, even after numerous restarts.

Although I purchased the license on Groupon on sales, the Windows is activated.

Is it possible that all ATI 7560D APU drivers are broken/unsupported on Windows 10 64-bit ?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Yes it does - thank you very much :)

Turns out I now have a 'legacy' graphics product and I installed the last crimson drivers that support my card.
After this, the screen was still grayscale, but only THEN the filter switch worked and the color came back.

Conclusion is that the OEM chipset drivers are NOT compatible with Win10 64bit.

Have a great day folks !

Reaction score
Please mark as solved (assuming it is) so it helps others with the same problem, thanks. :)

Ask a Question