SOLVED Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803

Reaction score
Three or four days ago when I clicked shutdown, after 30 seconds the monitor went dark but the PC was still running, I tried it in Safe Mode, Clean Boot and restored an image from 14 days ago all with the same result. I thought, before I inflicted on myself two weeks of teeth gnashing and swearing by reloading everything, I would ask some clever person here who might have a solution.

Thank you
Peter

Reaction score
A further development is that I did a RESET of my PC which meant the only software on my PC was Windows and it still refused to shut down. Maybe something in the BIOS?

Reaction score
Something still running, I suspect. My first thought - Look at the updates and see if there is a large update trying to do it's thing.

Reaction score
My techie solved it, my Logitech speakers packed up about the same time I had the shut down problem, he told me to unplug and change the speakers and all will be well. New speakers and all is well. Thank you all.

Peter

Ask a Question