New windows update and bitlocker problems....

Reaction score
Having carried out an update this morning I am no longer able to get onto my LENOVO ideapad as it is requesting a bitlocker recovery key. I have spent hours today trying to sort this out but no luck.

I have checked my Microsoft account and there is no recovery key there

I have gone onto cmd and using....manage-bde -protectors c :get it brings up the bitlocker identity number but there is no password??

I have seen all the screen shots which show how it would have looked when the laptop gave me said key ie the options for storing it and can honestly say that I never experienced that when I purchased the laptop 2 years ago.

I have never seen the term bitlocker before today.

I have tried all the other options of system restore - it won’t let me, I have tried to find the latest update programme on cmd to try and uninstall it but can’t I have been playing with different commands for hours, and getting nowhere.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately no I didn’t set BL up so I don’t have a key.

Sorry but how would I do a complete re install if I can’t get passed the initial page?

Thanks

Sarah

Ask a Question