SOLVED mouse scrolls multiple lines at a time after last night's Windows update

Reaction score
My center mouse wheel used to scroll one line at a time. Now after last night's update it scrolls multiple lines at a time. I went into the mouse setup. The settings are set to scroll only one line at a time. It is a Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse. I am user driver version 9.7.132.0, which is the newest one available.

Also when I use the center scroll button on a website in Edge, it scrolls to the next/previous webpage, instead of scrolling down the page. It has been doing that for a long time, not just after this latest update, but it drives me crazy. I can't find any mouse or Edge settings to change that.

These 2 problems make navigating webpages and spreadsheets almost impossible. Why does MS keep breaking things that work instead of fixing things?!

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Another update the next night solved the first part of this problem. Mouse now scrolls only one line at a time.
Mouse wheel behavior in websites still drives me crazy.

A

Advertising

Ask a Question