SOLVED mouse scrolls multiple lines at a time after last night's Windows update

Reaction score
My center mouse wheel used to scroll one line at a time. Now after last night's update it scrolls multiple lines at a time. I went into the mouse setup. The settings are set to scroll only one line at a time. It is a Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse. I am user driver version 9.7.132.0, which is the newest one available.

Also when I use the center scroll button on a website in Edge, it scrolls to the next/previous webpage, instead of scrolling down the page. It has been doing that for a long time, not just after this latest update, but it drives me crazy. I can't find any mouse or Edge settings to change that.

These 2 problems make navigating webpages and spreadsheets almost impossible. Why does MS keep breaking things that work instead of fixing things?!

Reaction score
Another update the next night solved the first part of this problem. Mouse now scrolls only one line at a time.
Mouse wheel behavior in websites still drives me crazy.

Reaction score
Under mouse settings you can set how many lines the wheel will scroll per click of the wheel, if you need to change it again.

Ask a Question