Cannot open file via right mouse button

Reaction score
I want to open a file in Trados Studio 2017 by clicking the right mouse button in the explorer and selecting the "Open with" function. When I do this, Studio opens correctly but the file is not loaded - forcing me to load it from inside the software. This affects only one of my computers, the other, using the same current Windows 10, imports the file correctly via the right mouse button.

Since other software is not affected by this problem, I strongly suspect that the right mouse-button function of Studio 2017 was corrupted in the Registry when I installed the trial version of MemoQ on this very computer and later deleted it again. Is there a convenient way how to repair this without having to reinstall the entire software?

Reaction score
Hi General Domel,

did you set a restore point before installing the software in Control Panel > Recovery?:

upload_2018-11-4_6-56-0.png

:):):)

Reaction score
There should still be a few restore points if you recently installed any updates?. ;););)

Ask a Question