Mouse scrolls to next web page now, instead of scrolling down page

Reaction score
The operation of my mouse SCROLL button changed with the last Windows (or last Edge?) update. When looking at a webpage in Edge, the scroll button used to scroll down the page. Now it scrolls forward to next webpage/back to previous webpage. This is driving me crazy!
I have looked at mouse settings in Windows, at Edge options, and at my mouse options in Devices. I can't find an option anywhere to change what the mouse scroll button does in Edge.
I hate when MS changes things just for the sake of change. It's infuriating that everything I try to scroll down a webpage to read more, the webpage changes entirely.

Reaction score
Hell why did you all fall for this 10 stuff. On point, you said Windows mouse settings, was that device driver settings.

Reaction score
Hi Scott,

if you are on a laptop, disable the touchpad mouse and you should be good to go!. :)

Reaction score
@CUNL2: Yes, I went into "Settings", "Devices", "Mouse", "Additional Mouse Options". I went thru all the tabs there, including "Mouse & Keyboard Center", and clicked "Click Here To Change Microsoft Mouse Settings". It said "No Supported Device Connected". I am using a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse.

@Wolfie: This is a desktop computer.

I don't know if the mouse scroll button's operation in Edge is controlled by the operating system (device driver) or by Edge.

Reaction score
Seen this on my Win 7 when I open Outlook mail, if I scroll down the first email it loads the second. Solution is to click on the open page and then scroll.

Reaction score
One thing about the wheel on some mice, it can be pressed to left or right to make things move in that direction, some I've seen had tiny arrows < > beside the wheel.

Ask a Question