SOLVED Wireless mouse points but doesn't type

Reaction score
Hi

My wireless Microsoft mouse worked fine for two hours; since then the pointer works but I cannot type. I am now in the strange situation of having the old mouse reconnected as well which allows me to only type, and the new one which allows me to only use the pointer. Team mouse. I have tried reinstalling and updating the mouse driver, reestablishing the wireless connection and disabling the fast startup option but none of these methods work. I'd be grateful if anyone could help out.

Thank you

Reaction score
What type mouse, Wireless/Wi-Fi or Bluetooth? Is the keyboard also wireless, came with the mouse?

Reaction score
The new mouse is Microsoft. It's wireless Wi-Fi. Yes a wireless Acer keyboard and mouse that came with the computer. Thank you.

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb here and suggest there's a conflict between the nano transceivers that came with the wireless devices. I haven't seen that problem on one computer but have seen it in a room with 2 computers using wireless inputs, wireless devices usually don't conflict but since they are essentially radios it could happen, frequencies could be too close to each other.

Reaction score
Thanks Bighorn. I borrowed a wired keyboard and this works just fine with only the new wireless mouse connected. So it looks like I'm all good now.

Ask a Question