SOLVED Wireless Mouse 5000 sensitivity.

Reaction score
I have a problem with the Microsoft Mouse 5000. When I left-click on a field, the contents of that field briefly appear then disappear so that I have to continually click to see that field. I think this is perhaps a mouse sensitivity issue but I can't see anywhere to adjust it. I don't think it's a W10 issue as such. I hope it's not just dud batteries....
Anyone else seen this erratic Mouse behavior?

Reaction score
Go into Settings > System > Devices > Mouse and Touch pad and select additional mouse options. You can set up your mouse options to your preference.

Reaction score
Thanks Norton, I tried that. You can alter settings for the mouse wheel (scrolling) but not for the left/right buttons. Maybe my mouse is just going faulty.

Reaction score
I'm sure you can adjust the buttons, that is, Left hand -right hand click. Swap the Left hand -right hand click and see if your problem changes, you will know it's a button problem for sure.

Reaction score
I have this same mouse and don't see this problem. That said, I am not sure I understand the problem.

Do you have an example of this "field" you are left-clicking on? When I am in Excel, if I hover over a hyperlink, I see the full link in a bubble. But if I left-click, that field, the bubble quickly goes away. But I don't believe that is fault and especially not a sensitivity issue.

Reaction score
That's a good troubleshooting tip, don't know why I didn't think of that. However I swapped primary buttons from left to right but it still occurs with the right button. I also replaced the batteries just in case.
It does seem that it only occurs when I'm logging in to my BT/Yahoo email account so I wonder if it's application related? I need to click on the username field about 4/5 times before it 'sticks' so that I can log-in.
It's a minor nuisance but I can live with it.

Ask a Question