Wireless keyboard and mouse not working after Windows 10 update

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba PX30T with provided wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10. Since the Windows 10 update KB4074588 my wireless keyboard and mouse are not working. I have spent hours on uninstalling and reinstalling the devices, checking the drivers are up-to-date, ensuring the Windows Updates are all installed correctly, rebooting, etc but nothing is working to get my keyboard and mouse back. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Wireless implies one is using a nano-transceiver [dongle] in a USB port. I'd be checking the dongle is in a USB 2.0 port rather than in a USB 3.x port, some devices don't always work properly in USB 3.0. And check in Device Manager to see if there are any problems in the USB section.

Reaction score
I assume you have a wired mouse so tht the computer is functional. If not, press the windows key and I in order to access the settings.
Open settings - Update and Security, and select the troubleshooting option. Try the Keyboard and incoming connections. You could also try the "Hardware and devices."

Reaction score
Did any Windows Updates get installed recently? Specifically look for KB4074588 and try removing/uninstalling it. Seems it has a known issue and renders USB and wireless keyboards/mice inoperable.

Ask a Question