Maxell 2.4GHz slim wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Can someone help? My Maxell 2.4GHz slim wireless keyboard wasn't properly worked on Windows 10.

I don't know how to get a keyboard driver for Windows 10. Does anyone know? Please advice.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone help? My Maxell 2.4GHz slim wireless keyboard wasn't properly worked on Windows 10.

I don't know how to get a keyboard driver for Windows 10. Does anyone know? Please advice.

For more information: I purchase a Logitech Keyboard and mouse combo MK520 2 days ago. The key board didn't work properly either. Sometimes worked o.k. but sometimes the words I typed didn't show, I had to type several times. So I figured out it was not my Maxell keyboard's problem; probably is the driver problem. I will return the Logitech MK520 and use my old Maxell since they have the same problem.

Any suggestions where to download new version of Maxell driver to work on Windows 10? Thanks.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi LSeed,

Taking a look at Maxwell's website it appears your keyboard was only intended for use with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Thus there are no official drivers from their site for your keyboard for the Windows 10 OS.

That means at best you can see whether via Device Manager you can use the search for update driver option and perhaps Microsoft will offer a generic driver that might work with your keyboard; however you may just need to purchase a new keyboard.

To try via Device Manager do the following:
  • Press Winkey + X
  • Select Device Manager
  • Expand Keyboards
  • Double-left click on your Keyboard listed there
  • Click on the Driver tab
  • Click Update Driver
  • Click on Search automatically for updated driver software

It's a long shot, but maybe you'll be lucky.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi LSeed,

Taking a look at Maxwell's website it appears your keyboard was only intended for use with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Thus there are no official drivers from their site for your keyboard for the Windows 10 OS.

That means at best you can see whether via Device Manager you can use the search for update driver option and perhaps Microsoft will offer a generic driver that might work with your keyboard; however you may just need to purchase a new keyboard.

• Press Winkey + X
  • Select Device Manager
  • Expand Keyboards
  • Click Update Driver

It's a long shot, but maybe you'll be lucky.

Regards,

Regedit32
Hi Regedit32,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try and see if it works.

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32,

I followed your instruction. It seemed to work fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

Have a wonderful day.

Reaction score
HA!Q MaxWell not Maxell No wonder I could not find anything when I searched early this am!

Reaction score
Hello Regedit32 and Tim Locke ,

Thank you for your help. My keyboard works better than before but still has a little problem because I can't find its driver for Windows 10. I will try using it a while if it still doesn't work properly I will consider buying a new one.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Good morning all,

My Maxell keyboard still has the same problem. I have followed Regeit32's suggestion as:

• Press Winkey + X
  • Select Device Manager
  • Expand Keyboards
  • Click Update Driver
It worked a while so I decided to return Logitech MK520 because it has the same problem as my Maxell wireless one.

I checked the keyboard driver file details, I have 3 files. I don't know if they created problem. Do I have to delete two and leave one? if so which two should I delete?

Plus, if I buy a new wireless keyboard, which brand is good for Windows 10? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20160414keyboard.png
    20160414keyboard.png
    17 KB · Views: 734

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi LSeed,

According to Logitech's Support Site your combination Keyboard and Mouse are supported in Windows 10.

There is no additional software required for it to run.

This is the page for your Keyboard and Mouse for the MK520:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-combo-mk520

On that page if you click the Full Specification link you can get additional information including two choices to update software used to set features of these devices.

As Windows 10 has assigned drivers to your Keyboard you should not need to change the current Driver in use (re the image you posted in your question). Leave that alone for now.

What would help you is if you can explain the precise issue you are having with this Keyboard and/or Mouse. There may be a separate issue that needs addressing, for example how your computer is handling the Receiver.

Just one last comment. As you have all ready marked this thread as solved, it is generally best practice to open a new Thread for any new discussions, as once an issue is solved its better for everyone not to confuse that issue by starting a whole new discussion.

A Forum Staff Member may choose to move your latest post and my response to a new location later for that very reason.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question