SOLVED Text entry and mouse selection issues

Reaction score
I have had problems with my system for a few weeks now and have been unable to find a solution or cause.

It was first noticed when I tried to shut down windows 10, I would click start and move the pointer towards the shut down button, Cortana opened itself and the number 4 was repeatedly appearing in the text field. I have now killed cortana.

In Facebook typing in a text field the caret sometimes moves backwards as I type.

In Adobe bridge in an image preview page selected thumbnails are changing themselves, the selection moving backwards.

I have run a full antivirus scan and the system is clean.

Needless to say this is somewhat annoying and any help would really be appreciated.

Reaction score
It's extremely important that details about the computer are included, either in the question or preferably in one's Profile, System Specs. I have seen some of the actions you described that turned out to be issues with hardware, knowing whether a Notebook or Desktop is involved would be nice to know as some hardware is easily replaced and other is not.

Reaction score
It is a desktop system, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse behaviour is present with these both disconnected

Reaction score
Solved. Culprit was Tobii eye tracker. Somehow its settings had been altered to allow control of windows apps. Thanks for assistance and time taken to read/answer this post.

Ask a Question