SOLVED No "Install" option in the context menu

Reaction score
Hello,

I have extracted a ttf font file from a downloaded zip folder and simply dragged it into Windows 10 Fonts folder.

This option if fine and I have no problem with it but what I find strange is that I did not find the option to Right click on the ttf file and pick the 'Install' option from the drop-down context menu. I have no "Install" option when I right click on the ttf file. Did I miss something?

Thank you very much

Reaction score
The Install usually doesn't appear until there's something like an .exe or .msi file that is installable. Fonts are a little different in they don't have to be actually installed to be usable, why using Fonts from a different Folder or Drive is possible and sometimes great if only needed for a specific purpose. Older programs such as Microsoft Works actually complain if there's too many Fonts installed but still work. And the Install won't show if the item has already been installed, it's a dynamic action not static.

Reaction score
Thank you very much, Bighorn

I as said am very happy with the drag and drop or the Ctrl+ C and Ctrl + V option. But his morning I just saw this video on YouTube and was quite surprised to see that an 'Install' option appears for installing TTF font files (which as far as I know are not .exe files), so I thought I was missing an option in my context menu.

Reaction score
A little more definitive: I was just cleaning files off a USB Thumb drive and found some Fonts I had saved. Right-clicking one did give me the Install option so maybe location of files other than in Fonts is the key in this instance.

Ask a Question