Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues

pva

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 installed. All the latest updates have been applied.

After the computer starts, in about 50% of the times there are no problems, everything is working fine. But in another 50% I have serious performance issues, for instance:

The Start Button doesn't work (left click, right click is OK)
Cannot open System
Applications start slowly. Some programs like Word and Excel may not start at all (although they are running on the background)

This situation stays until I restart the PC. This happens with or without antivirus running. I don't see any unusual processes in the Task Manager.

I've tried to reinstall Windows couple times - it helps only temporarily. Restoring PC using the Restore point doesn't change anything.

What could be the problem and how to fix it? How can I troubleshoot the issue? I've tried to use the Process monitor, but it's too complicated for me, many processes I don't recognize.

It seems to me that this is some System issue, but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Please read through the link provided above for other repair options!. ;)

pva

Reaction score
Thanks.

The issue I have seems to be very common with the Windows 10 Creator update, there are many posts about it but no universal solution. Different things work for different people.

It directly related to the shut down problem which I previously didn't pay attention to. When I shut down or restart my PC I get this message:

"Task Host Window
Microsoft\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot Required"

I have to click "Shut down anyway" to proceed.

This worked for me so far: With my previous PC I had an issue with the Ethernet adapter, so I ended up using Wi-Fi instead. Tried the same this time - disconnected Ethernet cable and plugged in the USB Wi-Fi adapter - and so far so good. No System or Start button problems, no shut down issues.

Some people fixed the same issue, for instance, by updating Logitech gaming software. I don't have one, so this doesn't apply to me.

Again, this is not the universal solution, and I hope it's temporary.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi pva,

I don't have an answer for you either, if it is working, leave it alone and see what happens and make sure you run updates every day to see if things improve. ;)

Ask a Question