Bluetooth problem windows 10

Reaction score
I am trying to get a mini bluetooth keyboard to connect to my laptop. I have connected other devices OK. When i first tried a code came up on the laptop ( picture attached), but now i cannot get that anymore, instead i get asked to enter pin which is not available. The mini keyboard generates a pin and that should show on computer then i enter it on mini keyboard and it should connect. I have connected mini keyboard to my phone and lenovo pad using this method.

Attachments

• Snap 2019-01-28 at 14.04.16.jpg
    Snap 2019-01-28 at 14.04.16.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 713
Reaction score
When I connect a keyboard, the install normally shows a number and asks you enter it on the keyboard and hit enter. If it is not doing this, then remove the device and start over.

Reaction score
That is exactly my problem, i do not get a number come up, instead it asks me to input a pin in as shown in attachment. I want to be able to get the number option to come up, it used to but it stopped and changed to the request to put in a pin number.

Reaction score
I assume you have no stickers on the system which shows a number of some type?

Did you uninstall the device completely and start over? Do you have a model number for the keyboard?

Reaction score
No model number, it has never been installed on laptop. As i said it installs on my android pad and phone. The keyboard generates a number when turned on, both on the phone or pad, then this number is entered onto the keyboard and it connects right away and shows up as an item on the bluetooth menu on phone or pad. This is what should happen on the laptop but instead it is asking me to enter a pin on laptop as per picture.

Reaction score
Have you tried entering the number on the other devices in the laptop?

Any chance it is registered on another local device and needs to be removed from one of them or get them away from the area so they won't interfere?

Reaction score
I removed them from pad and phone after checking it worked on both devices. All i need is the capability to get back the option on the laptop of it bringing up a pin number for me to enter in the mini keyboard.

Reaction score
very old but i find that when BlueTooth fails, #1 turnon the device first, #2 start Windows, #3 disable Bluetooth, #4 go to desktop and Refresh, #5 reenable bluetooth and I find 99% of the time Bluetooth will locate and start.

Ask a Question