Bluetooth connectivity problem

Reaction score
My Bluetooth connection to my PC under Windows 7 worked perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy phone. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can pair the phone OK, have it show up as a paired Bluetooth device, but when sending files to the PC the connection is made, transfer looks to start then fails each time. The scale bar that appears on screen shows a 1/3rd distance happen, then stops. Message is "connection fails". I also have a PC running WIndows 8.1 and have had the same problem. Never any problems under Windows 7 though.
Is there some "option" or blocking that is happening; something I need to switch on/off or disable.
Help appreciated !!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Not sure if this will actually help or not, but....
Try Device Manager.
Find your Blue Tooth device in Device manager on your windows 10 machine, right click it and choose properties, select the power management tab from along the top and make sure that the box that says something like "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" is not checked.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Not sure if this will actually help or not, but....
Try Device Manager.
Find your Blue Tooth device in Device manager on your windows 10 machine, right click it and choose properties, select the power management tab from along the top and make sure that the box that says something like "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" is not checked.

Thanks .. but there is no tab for Power Management in the Properties window.

Reaction score
That didn't work at all ..
BUT .. here is the answer for others with this problem ..

The way Bluetooth Windows 10 transfers files has changed. If you haven't tried this already, go to the system tray on your computer and click Bluetooth and select Receive a File. On your phone, send the file to your computer. On your computer, you will have a window that opens that shows you the files is being transferred and where it is going and when the transfer is complete.
You will need to do this for each file you transfer to your Windows 10 computer

Clunky after Windows 7, but hey, it works !

Ask a Question