Using Bluetooth Disables Wifi

Reaction score
I have been having a problem for a while where turning on Bluetooth and connecting something will disconnect my laptop from the internet. It doesn't turn off Wifi, but instead it shows that I'm connected with "limited connectivity" (i.e. no internet). Turning off Bluetooth will instantly cause the Wifi to come back on. This happens without fail every time I use Bluetooth.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15R running Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. It had been doing this on the previous couple updates as well, however. I have installed the Private Internet Access VPN, which I believe makes some modifications to wireless features for its Kill Switch feature. These problems happen when Private Internet Access isn't even open, but maybe the program contributed to the problem.

Anyway, can someone please help me? I would like to be able to use bluetooth devices and be connected to the internet at the same time.

Ask a Question