C-Drive using Music Folder Template

Reaction score
My system drive root and many folders under it, including in system directories like Programs, are displaying using the Music folder template. Given that there is no Customization tab for the drive or system directories, how can I change these directories back to the General template? (I don't want to have to change each folder individually)

I'm not sure when this started, but may have occurred when I installed a second internal drive and moved all my libraries to it.

Reaction score
Hi scota,

try Control Panel > File Explorer Options > View > Reset Folders:

folder options.jpg

I hope it helps. :):):)

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I had actually tried that from Explorer > View > Options with the C-drive selected. It had no effect. I also tried selecting all of the folders in C:\ and changing properties. Also no effect. I'm resigned to applying the correct view to each folder individually -- that does work, and there are not that many folders in the system root of course.

The larger issue, and I should have made it more clear in my original post, is that all new folders created under C:\ drive use the 'Music' view (whether I create it, or SW download does).

Reaction score
HI scota,

did you also click on Restore Defaults at the bottom of the window in my picture above?. :):):)

Ask a Question