8TB HDD GPT partition using windows 10

Reaction score
Respected Friends

I just brought an 8 TB Toshiba X300 Internal HDD. How do I do a GPT partition using windows 10 ?

Thanks Gyanesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
How do I do a GPT partition using windows 10 ?
NEVER, NEVER post your E-Mail address on an open Forum, we generally are decent folks but you never know what the action will bring down upon you. And forums rely on openness so all participants benefit from the questions and resultant answers/solutions which gets defeated by private messages unless they are of a more personal nature.

Since it's an Internal drive and you already have Win10 installed and the drive is connected does the BIOS recognize the drive? Or when booted into Windows does Disk Management show the drive? If it is seen by DM you should be able to partition it [all drives need at least one partition] then format it. The largest I've done so far is 2TB but reading in different forums/areas shows different issues [not necessarily bad] with larger drives than 2TB.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just brought an 8 TB Toshiba X300 Internal HDD
IF it's brand new, then just pick GPT from the two options when you initialize the disk in Disk Management.

Capture1.PNG

Ask a Question