SOLVED HDD to SSD

Reaction score
I have just replaced the hdd in my HP laptop with a SSD. The laptop is 2 yo and is AMD with 8 gig of ram. Startup took 60 seconds with the Hdd but now with the SSD it takes 13 seconds. The whole thing is smoother and much more responsive.

Reaction score
I think the TO was merely making a statement but he is right. SSD's are extraordinary faster than the spinners and improve boot and load times by a multiple factor, especially on old hardware. With the prices going down so fast, it is surprising that not many users know about that...

Reaction score
Here in Aus i got a Samsung/Kingston 240 gig for $79.00. They have decreased dramatically here.

Reaction score
Some of the SSD's I bought earlier have gotten down by as much as 20% at my preferred dealer....

Reaction score
I am holding off on buying an SSD until they come down in price. I still use large spinners (2TB or more) and until they make an SSD that won't break the bank I'll stick with my spinners.

Ask a Question