Anyone Using Cortana without Office 365?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacobpressures, Sep 3, 2018.

1. jacobpressures

jacobpressures

I was wondering if anyone found Cortana to be useful without having Office 365. The only tools i can think of using are Outlook and Wunderlist. i'm not looking for much in entertainment, jokes, weather, etc. I have both a Google Home and Echo Dot. So I don't need those items. I want something that works with Windows. I know of a few capabilities but i'm not sure its worth setting up Cortana to use.

I love Windows and I would love it if Cortana could make WIndows easier to manage. But get the impression that Cortana is a waste of time trying to use. If it could work with Outlook desktop and Wunderlist very well, I'd consider that worthwhile.

Thanks!

jacobpressures, Sep 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. jacobpressures

Garyw

I've played with Cortana some on my Insider Preview setup, but didn't get much response when I gave commands. Whenever I gave a command, "she" would open a search box. Actually I would think voice commands would be more useful with IoT than a computer. I just can't imagine talking to your computer being acceptable in a business environment. I used to work in an environment where silence was a premium. If the person at the next desk talked too loud on the phone it created waves. I just picture a hundred people in a cube farm all talking at once and shudder.

Garyw, Sep 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question