For Anyone With An HP All-In-One Desktop (24-b240)

Reaction score
Hello,

Really embarrassed to ask, but will blame it on old age.

Just bought a HP 24-b240 All In One desktop pc for my son. Neither of us are very "technical" oriented.
My guess is that their other all in ones are probably similar.

Have the following questions, please:

a. We looked, honestly, but just don't see it.
Where is the Card Reader located, please ?

b. Looked all over the HP sites, but cannot find a link to the full User Manual.
Lots of other documentation, but didn't see for a full User Manual.
Might anyone tell me where to download it ?
It just doesn't seem to appear on their listings; there must be one, right ?

c. Concerning the built in Video Camera:
How does one access and use it ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
I could not find a full user manual but this might help:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ies/13823536/model/15363959/bulletins-notices
and subsequent this:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...es/13823536/model/15363959/document/c05367117

according to this site, the card reader is on the bottom below the speaker grille.

Windows 10 has an app named CAMERA. once it is running it will see that you have a camera and use it otherwise it will let you know, if there is no camera.
Video chats like skype should be able to see the camera and use it accordingly...

I hope this answers your questions.

Reaction score
On some machines the card reader is almost invisible as it has a protective plug in it so it just looks like a very fine rectangle on the case. If yours is like that push it in gently and the plug should fall out and the slot be visible.

Reaction score
Even my pavilion 134tx doesn't seem to have a proper publicly available user manual. I guess manufacturers have stopped bothering about such things these days perhaps

Ask a Question