Has anyone tried a Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a few adverts appear for sales on Windows Mixed Reality Headsets as I've been browsing the web - no doubt as "Black Friday" is on the horizon (a relatively recent thing in the UK).

Considering the fairly wide range of headsets, I've never actually tried one or seen one in person.

Has anyone here tried one? If so, what did you think of it?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Unfortunately the cost of such a headset prevents me from trying one.

Here in NZ they range from $899 to over $1000.

I did find this cheaper one online for only NZD$10.19

mixed reality.jpg

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Co-incidentally, I have one of those "Google Cardboard" style ones that I use with my phone :D:D:D. They're surprisingly good fun!

The MS headsets are expensive in the UK too, around £300-400 from what I've seen so far. I was hoping to see one in a shop somewhere that I could demo and try out (a little like Vive did, as they had demos all over the place). I can't imagine buying one at that price, but I'd sure like to give one a whirl :).

Regedit32

Reaction score
Perhaps with Christmas looming, some of the stores will create the opportunity to trial a headset in their efforts to push it as the ultimate Christmas or Boxing day Sale gift.

I saw that the cardboard version is for phones, but thought they were just kidding *LoL*, so it appears I've learnt something today after all :D

I can't get my head around how that affects what you see on your phone though; so maybe I need to spend ten bucks to find out :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes the kits can be picked up for only a few quid in the UK, so it's worth a try for the novelty :).

Here's a link to the Google Cardboard info: https://vr.google.com/cardboard/

The one I got has adjustable lens positioning, which makes a big difference :).

Ask a Question