FreeOffice anyone

Reaction score
Downloaded and tried it. Seems quite good. I should say, cynically, not "yet another". But I like the competition. Keeps everyone on their toes.

A cautionary word. A reg number is sent to you (Free) when you download. In my case, this went into the junk box. (Microsoft at work again?)

Reaction score
A cautionary word. A reg number is sent to you (Free) when you download. In my case, this went into the junk box. (Microsoft at work again?)
Most likely not Microsoft but the provider of your E-Mail service monitoring and diverting what they perceive as junk or SPAM. If you have recurring contacts with someone that gets marked as such you need to Whitelist that address. If expecting a message/reply have to check the Junk/SPAM Folder periodically.

Reaction score
Most likely not Microsoft but the provider of your E-Mail service monitoring and diverting what they perceive as junk or SPAM. If you have recurring contacts with someone that gets marked as such you need to Whitelist that address. If expecting a message/reply have to check the Junk/SPAM Folder periodically.

It was in MsOutlook (online)

Reaction score
Is your Outlook online part of Office 365 subscription? Mine with Office 2013, Office 2010 and Office 2007 are installed E-Mail clients while my online are hotmail.com and outlook.com, mostly same but outlook.com appears to be merging with hotmail.com.

Reaction score
I actually got an email from them today stating they have a new version. I've used it in the past, and it is quite good. Just not as polished as Libre in my opinion. And I do wish there was a good free office suite with a decent email client. I really wouldn't mind a reason to leave Office 2007 behind.

Reaction score
One thing I care to comment on. It sheds bits and pieces all over the computer. Several od which, I had to hunt down to delete. It has a very dirty uninstall. I finished up by putting my earlier image back on.

Reaction score
I actually got an email from them today stating they have a new version. I've used it in the past, and it is quite good. Just not as polished as Libre in my opinion. And I do wish there was a good free office suite with a decent email client. I really wouldn't mind a reason to leave Office 2007 behind.
The only 2 applications Microsoft offers that aren't easily duplicated are Outlook and Publisher and they don't offer a Viewer for Publisher files like they used to with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Reaction score
Curiosity again mad me download the free version. . I haven't explored it yet, but, for Bass, it has an integrated Email client, which, after I had put in my (Outlook) email address, set it up fully automatically, with no further input from me.

Reaction score
Just ran through everything. PDF part is an import from Adobe. Works perfectly. Everything else is ok. Not a bad suite - even free!!

Ask a Question