Windows is refusing to let me use my bluetooth keyboard and headphones

Reaction score
Im in a bit of deep trouble right now. After windows crashed (and refused to let me repair the problems) I had to reinstall windows again. The first of many problems was windows refusing to connectto my wireless network for about 2 hours. This was solved by installing TP links software which connected to my wireless network without problems after about 10 seconds.

Now windows is creating issues again, this time refusing to let me use my bluetooth headphones and keyboard.

I have been trying for 2 hours to connect my bluetooth keyboard. Windows doesn't find it even when its powered on. After about 2 hours, windows finds the keyboard, then asks me for a passcode without giving me a passcode. I had this problem before, sadly without any solution. Windows then refuses to connect my keyboard because windows wants a passcode for no reason without giving me the passcode.

As for my bluetooth headphones, they show up and pair, but windows refuses to connect them. The message is "This didn't work, make sure your headphones are powered on". They are powered which is evident on by the LED on the headphones.

In serious need of help here, I'm honestly so freaking mad. :mad: I paid for my gear, I have all rights to use it on my computer.

Reaction score
You could try the default code which is usually either 0000 or 1234, as for the headphones not connecting try this:
Uninstall the device from device manager and restart bluetooth service.
Start > services.msc
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.

Reaction score
You could try the default code which is usually either 0000 or 1234

This is the same thing that anker support told me and I have tried it several times. Windows says check the passcode and try agian, obviously without giving me a passcode. Brilliant design.

Uninstall the device from device manager and restart bluetooth service.
Start > services.msc
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.

I have tried that hundreds of time as well, for some reason the headphones connected about 20 minutes ago so now I have sound at least.

Reaction score
I see you have a notebook, I would suggest you download and install the Bluetooth drivers from the notebooks manufacture support website. Notebooks don't always like the native drivers from MS
Same for your Keyboard and Mouse download the drivers from the manufactures web site be sure to get the ones for Windows 10. Any other issues you have with hardware will be the same solution.

Reaction score
I don't have a notebook, but I have a desktop. Windows is still refusing to give me the code to connect my keyboard. I have a hard time accepting this. I bought my keyboard, it is my property and I should be allowed to use it when I want. Windows cannot and should not decide if Im allowed to use it on my computer.

Reaction score
Still sounds like a driver issue to me. get the manufactures recommended windows 10 drivers and Install them.

Reaction score
Which Anker keyboard do you have?
Have you tried long pressing the on/off button to see if a passcode appears onscreen?

Reaction score
Still sounds like a driver issue to me. get the manufactures recommended windows 10 drivers and Install them.

Already tried getting the bluetooth drivers from belkins website several times.

Pass key is required for security reasons for most bluetooth devices.
Trouble shoot bluetooth enabled devices.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/f41190a9-757d-4aa4-8f5c-e58968e6b0cf?auth=1

I don't need any security on my keyboard. I am the only one using it.

Also, none of the suggestions from microsoft helps at all. Typing 0000 does nothing. Windows doesn't give a passcode, but requires a passcode to connect the keyboard.

Which Anker keyboard do you have?
Have you tried long pressing the on/off button to see if a passcode appears onscreen?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wirele...hy-20&linkId=0ba9ecc97eac53cb532f35c91894e7e2

I'm not sure what you mean with long pressing the on/off button.

Reaction score
Hmm you mention Anker and Belkins? I see a link to an Anker keyboard I suggest you contact them for tech support they should know what is required to get their keyboard working. Where does Belkins come in on this? Regardless the pass code would come from the keyboard Manufacture

Reaction score
Already tried getting the bluetooth drivers from belkins website several times.

I don't need any security on my keyboard. I am the only one using it.

Also, none of the suggestions from microsoft helps at all. Typing 0000 does nothing. Windows doesn't give a passcode, but requires a passcode to connect the keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wirele...hy-20&linkId=0ba9ecc97eac53cb532f35c91894e7e2

I'm not sure what you mean with long pressing the on/off button.

It doesn't matter as I was just posting possibilities.
Have you connected the keyboard to any other device previously?
If so try this:
1. Push the power switch to the ON position to turn on the keyboard. The power indicator will turn on for 2 seconds and then off.
2. Stimultaneously press FN+Z to enter pairing mode. The Bluetooth indicator will start to flash.
3. Activate your device's Bluetooth function and search for the keyboard. Select the keyboard name to connect.
4. Once they are successfully paired, the Bluetooth indicator will turn off.

Ask a Question