Bluetooth headsets won't pair...

Reaction score
Hello. I'm using Win10 Home, 1803, and I can't get any Bluetooth devices to pair. I've tried turning the headsets on and then click on search, and vice versa. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm making sure that the Bluetooth switch is on in the settings. It just searches forever and doesn't find anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Firstly, is your Bluetooth drivers up to date? What Bluetooth have you got in your system or laptop? As these are very important aspects of your Bluetooth working. You can do the following go to Start> Bluetooth Devices> click on your appropriate device (if it’s in the list) as using the Bluetooth in the taskbar will only take you to the Windows 10 ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ which is another method of pairing your Bluetooth devices’. Then you should get Bluetooth Operations and on the left side you should have ‘Add a Bluetooth device, Show Bluetooth devices, Open Bluetooth settings, Open Bluetooth folder and Show file transfer dialog. Use ‘Add a Bluetooth device’ and that should take you through the pairing device process, this is a more direct pairing as to the Windows 10 ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ pairing procedure. Hope this works for you

Attachments

• Bluetooth Operaations.JPG
    Bluetooth Operaations.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 455
  • Bluetooth & other devices.JPG
    Bluetooth & other devices.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 480
Reaction score
Following your instructions I was able to pair and/or connect one of my Bluetooth headsets. But the other one I was unable. So, that leads me to believe that the one has a problem. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Ask a Question