Bluetooth stopped working with speakers

Reaction score
my bluetooth has been working fine since i got and upgraded this laptop, but since 21 of march, my laptop refuses to connect to my speakers via bluetooth, it finds it, pairs, but as soon as i try to connect i get "That didnt work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again" immediately after i press Connect, this happens with my destop pc as well, my laptop is a HP Elitebook 2740p, ive tried updating drivers, rolling back the drivers, windows troubleshooter, everything, any help is appreciated. cheers!

Reaction score
Are the speakers the only Bluetooth devices you have?

You have restarted your system, since that helped mine which was doing the same thing?

Just in case, you have also tried removing the device and starting over?

Do you know the model of the Bluetooth adapter which is probably the Wi-Fi adapter also?

If you look in the Device Manager and check the properties for the Bluetooth device, there is an Events tab. You might check that to see if anything is happening when you try to connect. Make sure and scroll down and select the line you need info about. Knowing what time these situations occur will help.

Ask a Question