Windows 10 create 2 user profile after upgrade to version 1709

Reaction score
Hi all, today i just installed my windows 10 home "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" (i only has 1 user account). After finished installing i find out that my windows doesn't load my last current user account profile, instead it create a new user profile with additional dot in folder C:\User
167253d1512718850-windows-10-create-2-user-profile-after-upgrade-version-1709-a-f.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this issue? How to change back my user account, since it has my files and work configuration there. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi altic,

Hi have exactly the same problem with the computer of my father and another friend. The Creator Falls update created a second account and reset all the settings.

The only solution I found is to recreate manually the personnal settings on the new account and copy the previous data from the users directory of the previous account on the new one. But some bugs still persist, like some apps and the windows store tiles that has disappeard in the menu.

I am waiting for a soon patch from Microsoft either we might have to reinstall everything to have something clean.

Regards,
Patrick

Reaction score
Hi altic,

Hi have exactly the same problem with the computer of my father and another friend. The Creator Falls update created a second account and reset all the settings.

The only solution I found is to recreate manually the personnal settings on the new account and copy the previous data from the users directory of the previous account on the new one. But some bugs still persist, like some apps and the windows store tiles that has disappeard in the menu.

I am waiting for a soon patch from Microsoft either we might have to reinstall everything to have something clean.

Regards,
Patrick

I'm trying solution i get from another forum and it help solved the problem, maybe you can try it.
=> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48012-fix-youve-been-signed-temporary-profile-windows-10-a.html

Ask a Question