Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Anniversary Edition: Notifications managed by organization

Reaction score
I did some research to try to solve this problem by myself, but my Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Anniversary Edition desktop operating system tells me that some of my notifications are managed by an organization and I can not change some settings. I tried using the Group Policy Object editor to allow full telemetry and turned it off again and I tried the Toast Notifications registry hack and neither worked after doing a restart. I understand that I can create a new Microsoft Windows 10 Administrator account and copy my settings to it to see if it will work, but I need instructions on how to do that and if it is going to work or not ahead of time. I also understand that I could do a sfc /scannow and DISM system integrity check with the recommendation to restore health, but I would like to know if that is going to work or not ahead of time too. What other options do I have to fix this specific issue? Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I understand that I can create a new Microsoft Windows 10 Administrator account and copy my settings to it to see if it will work, but I need instructions on how to do that and if it is going to work or not ahead of time
I can only say that, I have been rescuing corrupt user profiles since XP, by creating a new admin user and then copying the contents of the sub-folders in C:\Users\OldUserName to C:\Users\NewUserName and it has always worked for me.
As to how to do it....
This is the most recent article I could find published by Microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14039/windows-7-fix-corrupted-user-profile
It applies to Windows 7 but should work fine with Windows 10. Bare in mind that the method described for creating a new user is not applicable exactly for Windows 10.
Just avoid those files that start with "NT" and be aware that you will need a third admin user account as you cannot copy from or to an active account.
You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.
Use the Control Panel Users applet to create a new Admin account or you can use the old command prompt method if you choose.
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith
Obviously ..... you don't have to use "JohnSmith" .... Tom Dick or Sally will do nicely.

NOTE: I've seen the problem that you are describing associated with someone who has setup an actual Exchange Server account and then associated that account with their Log In.
Not saying that, that is the problem, but just thought I would pass it along for your consideration.

Ask a Question